Welcome to the Churchill Economic Development Authority
Equip. Educate. Empower.
Churchill County is an important agricultural producing county in Nevada. Fallon is home to the many dairy farms, alfalfa farms, cow/calf operations and more. Fallon has a diverse agricultural community with new and alternative crops such as wine grapes and teff. The largest goat dairy in Nevada is also in Fallon. According to the 2012 Census of Agriculture there were 672 farms/ranches in Churchill County consisting of 197,232 acres. The average size farm is 294 acres.
Naval Air Station Fallon, part of Navy Region Southwest, is in Churchill County, Nevada, about 70 miles east of Reno, Nevada, in northern Nevada’s high desert. Carson City, the state’s capital, is only 90 minutes away. NAS Fallon is also near multiple outdoor recreation sites, including stunning Lake Tahoe, about 90 miles to the west. The base has about 5,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel and family members.
Churchill County, Nevada is 100% powered by green energy and proud to support the community with many different types of renewable power within our borders. From Geothermal to hydro to solar, the ability to use renewables has put Churchill County far ahead of many other US communities. The Churchill County geothermal industry allows Nevada the distinction of being second only to California in the development and use of geothermal resources.
Fallon, known as the “Oasis of Nevada,” is the county seat of Churchill County, located approximately one hour east of Reno. Churchill County is one of the nine original counties that were created in 1861 when Nevada was formed from the western lands of the Utah Territory during the Civil War. With a population of approximately 8,500, Fallon is known for its agriculture, natural beauty and outdoor recreation.
The Fallon Post News
- Obituary — Dennis Jay Craig
- Arrests and Bookings July 5 through 11
- NHP Troopers Arrest Armed Robbery Suspect
- In loving memory of Katherine Rose Gannett
- High Desert Dirt – Raven's Rant
- What’s Cookin’ in Kelli’s Kitchen – Shrimp, Glorious Shrimp
- Is This You?
- Celebrate Us – A Hidden Art Gem in the Oasis
- Solving the Parking Problem at the Cantaloupe Festival
- Congressman Amodei Secures Funding for Local Communities
- Rafter 3C Center – Construction Underway
- Superintendent and Sheriff Clarify Mask Directive
- City Appoints new Deputy Clerk/Treasurer and Chief of Staff
- Churchill Deemed Substantial or High Transmission in Governor Mask Directive
- Obituary — Richard (Dick) Zuver